CORONAVIRUS: GUIDANCE FOR BUSINESSES, EMPLOYERS AND EMPLOYEES (Updated 13/12/21)
If you’re a member of Experience Guildford (Business Improvement District) and are not receiving our regular e-comms with the most up to date information please CLICK HERE to request to be added to the distribution list.
CLICK HERE to visit the Guildford Borough Council Grants Portal for information around availability of grants for local businesses.
The Prime Minister has announced a move to Plan B measures, as outlined in the Covid-19 Autumn/Winter Plan. Plan B measures will come into force while more data on vaccine efficacy is assessed. Moving to Plan B will help to slow the spread of the Omicron variant and reduce the chances of the NHS coming under unsustainable pressure, while buying time to deliver more boosters.
In summary, the measures announced on 8th December are:
- From 10 Dec, mandatory face covering rules are extended to most indoor settings (but will not include hospitality settings).
- From 13 Dec, guidance is for people to work from home if they can. Anyone who cannot work from home should continue to travel to their workplace.
- From 15 Dec, introduction of mandatory certification for certain settings. This will mean a requirement to show vaccination status or a recent negative test to enter certain high risk settings.
These measures are in addition to:
- A continued push on testing, with a focus on testing to enable. This includes people testing before they meet others, socialise or go to crowded or enclosed places.
- A continued push on vaccines and boosters – being fully vaccinated is the best way for people to protect themselves against catching Covid-19.
Keep an eye on the government website for more information about how these changes may impact your business.
Join our Guildford Independent Community Facebook Group HERE.
Subscribe to Small Business Britain newsletter HERE.